Powering Growth Through Digital
An integral part of Palatine’s value creation approach is facilitating opportunities for our portfolio companies to connect with each other, share knowledge, ideas and lessons learned from a wide breadth of expertise.
With this in mind, we brought together marketing professionals from our portfolio for a one-day digital workshop held at Google Garage in Manchester.
As well as hearing from TTC, e-days and The Alchemist on what is working well for them across content, SEO and augmented reality, we invited industry experts to share insights into the evolving world of digital marketing.
With speakers from Social Chain, CTI Digital, whatemmadid, Tiger Consult and Square Eyes, the event addressed key issues from across the digital landscape, including:
- Who defines meaningful engagement?
- Why engagement is not a strategy?
- What SEO technical requirements are needed for success?
- What is the best content strategy?
- How can you improve conversion rate optimisation?
We also looked at the rise of micro-influencers and whether the influencer marketing bubble is set to burst, embracing mobile as a method of digital transformation and the benefits of video in today’s marketing strategies.
We’d like to thank our speakers and guests for their valuable contribution and look forward to our next workshop on which will look at people strategy.
Digital Facts – did you know?
- Apple has never tweeted and has posted three times on Facebook in its history
- Blogging is making a comeback following in the footsteps of the podcast
- Social media rise in the use of stories as users become more socially conscious
- Facebook posting is down by 50%
- 53% of people abandon a website that takes more than 3 seconds to load
- 1 second increase in web speed = 27% increase in conversion
- Social video generates 1200% more shares than text and image combined
- 69% of businesses are using video as a means for marketing