Initial investment: 10/06/2014
Sector: Business Services
Fund: Buyout Fund II
- Introduced an executive chairman with extensive energy sector and private equity experience.
- Expanded and diversified EPI’s services to become a global provider of consultants across the energy sector, making multiple strategic office openings to bring its global footprint to offices in 12 different countries.
- Completed two acquisitions which broadened EPI’s product offering into geotechnical and geoscience services.
- Implemented a comprehensive IT system to automate business processes and establish a highly scalable platform for growth.
- Expanded service offering into the renewables sector
We were impressed by the revenue growth the management team had delivered in the years prior to our investment, becoming the second-largest operator in its marketplace. The business was well placed to grow organically via further geographical expansion and increased service diversification. We were also keen to support the company’s plans to embark on an acquisitions strategy.
We are delighted to have entered into a partnership with Palatine, which will enable us to continue to grow the business internationally. Retaining our core values, we will embark on an exciting journey to continually diversify our client portfolio, whilst increasing the number of specialist services within the Group.