Initial investment: 17/09/2018
Sector: Health & Education
- Supported the digitalisation of the business with the establishment of a fully online delivery model, including significant investment into the virtual learning environment.
- Supported the expansion of the business into London and Birmingham.
- Introduced an experienced chairman with private equity experience.
- Made significant investment into quality, including the expansion of the team and recruitment of a chief operating officer and head of quality.
- Grew the impact of the business with a 50%+ increase in learners, achieving industry-leading success rates and a 99% improvement in employment outcomes for learners on Estio programmes.
- Improved the inclusivity aspects with more learners from areas of deprivation, an increase in the number of females on the programme and over 50% more 16-23 year olds.
- Successfully exited the business to BPP Education Group in November 2021.
Estio offered high-quality technical training to people of all ages, and its programmes serve as a great alternative to university studies. The UK continues to suffer from a major skills gap in the IT and digital industry, and Estio trains and upskills the next generation of workers to address this.
We were impressed by Estio’s strong reputation for quality training in the north of England, with facilities in both Leeds and Manchester, and we were excited by the opportunity to grow the business on a national scale, with new facilities in Birmingham and London.
Palatine’s investment, commitment and ongoing support throughout our three-year partnership has been central to our success. With their guidance and expertise, we have been able to grow Estio in every area, while never faltering on our commitment to delivering the highest quality training for our apprentices.
Through a shared purpose to build skills for better futures, the team at Palatine really took the time to understand who we are, and it is that strength in the relationship that has brought us to our exciting new chapter with BPP