Initial investment: 17/04/2014
Sector: Consumer & Leisure
Fund: Buyout Fund II
- Consolidated and expanded the estate in the period from initial investment to date.
- Continuing to look at further opportunities to expand national footprint.
- Re-positioned the brand and offering in terms of food and service delivery.
- Appointed a new CEO as part of a planned succession.
- Further supplemented the team with the introduction of new senior members, including a chief financial officer and operations director.
Gusto differentiates itself through its quality of food and service delivery and its positioning as an aspirational yet accessible brand. The business had a strong brand identity and people focus, with an ethos of continual development and improvement that applies not only to the product and service offering but also to its staff. With our support, the concept had the opportunity to further expand its presence across the UK and this culture of continual improvement, focus on quality and also customer and staff engagement will prove vital in terms of continuing the rollout plan.
This is a very exciting time for me and the Gusto team. I am delighted that a partnership with Palatine has been formed and that together we will grow Gusto into a larger national business. Gusto is already a successful brand but I believe this deal will see it become a recognised brand throughout the country.