Initial investment: 04/06/2011
Sector: Financial Services
Fund: Buyout Fund I
- Completed more than 20 acquisitions.
- Authorised by the Solicitors Regulation Authority and expanded into the legal services sector via acquisition to provide a range of legal services including dispute resolution, debt recovery advice, wills and probate.
- Worked with management to achieve FCA regulated approval.
- Appointed an experienced non-executive chairman with extensive experience in the financial services sector.
- Business exited via a secondary management buyout backed by Intriva
MoneyPlus Group had achieved impressive growth in the years prior to our investment, both organically and via acquisition, and was one of the most respected players in the debt management sector. The management team had a strong track record of completing acquisitions and there was significant scope for further buy and build in a fragmented sector. In addition the company planned to provide a broader range of services and products to its customer base.
Working with Palatine enabled us to continue our growth and ultimately achieve our aim of establishing Moneyplus Group as a leading provider of financial advice..” Chris Davis, CEO